Monday, April 15, 2013

Warmth....

The word warmth can have so many meanings.  Initially someone may think of having a nice warm home, or a steaming cup of coffee that warms you up and takes off the chill.  It could also be that special warmth that is felt when you're snuggling with your almost 3 year old under a nice fuzzy blanket.  That's warming the heart for sure!
In my house, we try to understand that those special cuddles, hugs, or the unexcepted 'I love you!' are truly Gifts from God.  Those precious Gifts instantly remove any bad feelings and are pretty much guaranteed to put a huge smile on your face!

See....doesn't that complete silliness just make you smile?!! Then there are the warming temperatures that are bringing the crocuses and daffodils into bloom.

Spring and fall are my two favorite seasons.  With all of the beautiful colors, and the bouquets that are brought inside...and the scents that fill the air.  Before we know it, the lilacs will be in full bloom, the windows will be open, and God will fill the house with that beautiful smell.  Aaaahhhh!!

With the season of spring also brings about the births of animals and babies.  Also, fair season is quickly coming our way and the Big East beef show is coming in May.  With that comes a LOT of work (months of mud and muck stuck to a beef cow) to remove the mud and muck, buy the flannel print shirts and black jeans that are needed, just for starters.
I'm sure there are many more things that I could add to my list of warmth...but I would have to say that God's Love is first.  Next are the gifts from God...the Catholic Faith, my wonderful husband, and our children and grand-children.

May God bless you and yours abundantly!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post, full of such wonderful things for which to be grateful! I love it! I am so glad you gave me the link to your blog. Do you have a place where I can sign up to follow your blog? Have a great day. God bless, Lisa

    ReplyDelete