Tuesday, April 17, 2012

So Thankful....

In the past few days, God has truly shown me that I am blessed much more than I deserve.  Opinions, given to me freely in the past has been to the contrary.  People seem to think that I deserve to have God's blessings...me, a sinner.  I disagree.

My husband, who is the hardest working man I have ever met in my life, is a truly blessing from God, as well as an answer to my prayers.  I could not hand pick a better father for my children. God did that for me!

And the children that He has blessed our marriage with, He did that for us.

Last week, my iPhone died. No explanation. It just died. After getting it sent off, a new one came in and needed to be picked up.  So, Tim and Laura headed off to Best Buy.  On their way home, the right rear sway arm on the '93 decided to break.  Laura was driving, and told Dad that he could finish the drive the rest of the way home.  They "babied" the car home, never getting above 20, to keep the car from bouncing.

 
The 'normal' 30 minute drive took them over an hour. They arrived home safely, thanks be to God! What amazes me, too...is that when you look at the picture you wonder how long this sway arm has been hanging on by a thread! I thank God that Tim was with Laura in the car, and that she was not driving on the interstate. The possibilities of what could have happened are replaced with the joy that no one was hurt when this happened!
A few hours later, I'm making my Mom's potato salad for Tim to take to work today.  Matthew thoroughly entertained Laura and me with the Lady of Fatima statue from the All Saint's Altar. Between the smelling of the cooked potatoes I was peeling, to the "Mmmmmm!", to his hugging or kissing the statue....each moment was truly precious!


Thank you Lord, for your many blessings. In closing, I would like to share something I feel that is so important as St. Stephen Harding shows by his example:

We might not think about it much, but it's important to spend some quiet time each day listening to God who speaks in our hearts.  St. Stephen knew that this is why some silence in our lives is important. We can ask him to remind us to sometimes turn off our TV's, CD players, and computers to spend time listening to and talking to God!

This is something that I certainly need to work on! May God bless you and yours abundantly.


No comments:

Post a Comment