Saturday, June 1, 2013

It's hard to believe that today is the last day of May.  (Excuse me, please...I started this post on May 31st...was interrupted with life in my house....so I'm posting it today, June 1st.) With the scorching weather we've had this week, it feels more like July or August.  On Wednesday evening, we had some of the most intense thunder/lightning storms that I've seen in a long time.
This month has been filled with many special memories.  From turkey hunting......
Three of us were blessed to get turkeys this year.  I was able to go out more this year.  And even though I didn't bring home a bird, there are many special things that took place out in God's Creation on these beautiful spring mornings.  John Paul (pictured above with Dad) helped Dad call his bird in using a slate call.  A few days later....Dad, John Paul, and I went out for a couple hours.  While we didn't hear any gobblers, John Paul thought it would be great to capture a few (silly) pictures of us sitting in the blind....
There were LOTS more silly pictures....but I don't want to bore you with those...
 
The rhubarb is coming in, and the offers to get more is a welcome event.  I tried a recipe for a Rhubarb Cake.  It was delicious, and there are several requests to make it again.  Here is the link to the recipe I used: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Rhubarb-Dessert-Cake
If you are looking for a recipe that you want to be delicious, then I would suggest that you use a BING search....then type in what kind of recipe you are looking for, and add in words Taste of Home at the end.  I guarantee that any recipe you try from their site, you and your family will enjoy!
 
 
 4-H fair season is quickly approaching.  There is lots of work washing and clipping animals, but the best memories are made with friends who attend shows....like the Big East.....together.

The warm weather also means lots of time outside for everyone.  One day, I had walked out of the room briefly....but came in to find my youngest son zonked out on the living room floor.  He stayed there for a couple of hours.  I did not have the heart to move him...he looked so peaceful! 
Then there are older siblings who love helping the younger ones...
Whether it's walking through the garden (so they don't step on the plants that are coming up) or trying to scale a retention wall near the house.....
Enjoy the beautiful weather that God blesses us with each day.  Rain or shine it all has a Purpose....His Purpose!
May God bless you and yours abundantly!


No comments:

Post a Comment